Welcome To Breezy Hill Garden Center
Breezy Hill Nursery Garden Center was designed to inspire and motivate. Our ability to produce locally grown plants allows us to provide eco-conscious consumers a green product at significant cost savings. From designer stone and terra-cotta planters to exotic plant species, we have many products that will fill any niche. For the do-it-yourselfers or for those that need a little guidance, we have the staff to start you in the right direction. If you’re simply looking for ideas, this is the place to begin.
Our Garden Center stretches over 28 acres and is centrally located between Lake Geneva and Kenosha. It consists of a state of the art green house, balled & burlaped nursery stock, plant production houses, containerized nursery stock, Retail Garden Center and much more. It is staffed by over 20 individuals who have dedicated their lives to the green industry, making them qualified to answer any of your questions.
- Winter can be harsh. Make sure you have your plants protected accordingly with deer protection, rose protection and tree wrap.
- Remember to brush snow from your evergreens as soon as possible after snowfall. The snow’s weight can bend or break branches.
- Bundle upright evergreens with burlap or binder twine. Do not cover them with clear plastic or they will be cooked on sunny days. Limit pruning to removing damaged branches.
- Wrap young tree trunks to protect them from deer rubs and frost cracking..
- Apply an anti-transpirant like Wilt Pruf to protect your broadleaf evergreens (Holly, Boxwood, Azalea, Rhododendron) from the harsh winter wind. This will reduce stress, moisture loss and winter burn.
- Dormant pruning is not only healthier for the plants it saves you time in spring. Prune dormant ornamentals, shrubs and trees through the winter season.
- Arrange to have your lawn mower blades sharpened during the winter. Sharp blades will cut the grass cleanly and evenly, preventing a dull looking lawn.
- Have you seen our breathtaking blue tree on the corner of hwy.50 & B? Let our experienced team assist you with your holiday decorating and create a custom look for your home and landscape.
Call Breezy Hill Nursery at 262-537-2111.